Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
You can’t go wrong with these homemade soup recipes! Take a look and see some of the best recipes for soup, stews and chili to fit any meal that you are making. There are so many quick and easy ways to put a soup together from Slow Cooker, Instant Pot and on the Stove. I have all the recipes ready that are rich and creamy or hearty and thick. Enjoy the comfort of a warm bowl of soup cooking in your home this fall and winter season.
Tips for Making the Best Soup, Stew and Chili
- Thaw Ingredients: For best results, thaw meats, vegetables, sauces and any other ingredient before adding to the soup. The water left on the ingredients will add more liquid in the soup and take away some of the flavoring.
- Slicing: It is best to cut and slice all the ingredients especially the vegetables the same size. This will help ensure the sliced ingredients will cook evenly in the slow cooker, instant pot or stovetop.
- Add Flavoring: For more flavoring in your soup, try browning the meat and vegetables before adding them to the soup pot. These ingredients will become full of flavor and taste even better with this extra step. It is not necessary though.
- Check the Pot: When filling the pot with ingredients make sure that you do not overfill the pot. If you are hoping to double the recipe be sure to make sure the stovetop pot, slow cooker or instant pot is big enough for the recipe.
- Making Ahead of Time: Each soup recipe is unique but most can be prepared ahead of time and even be able to freeze for thawing at a later time.
- Reheating Soups, Stews and Chili: It is best to thaw slowly and overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat on low temperature, stirring often and making sure the soup does not separate.
Amazing chicken soup recipes are filling and comforting during the colder months. Try these MUST have Chicken soup recipes today!