Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is loaded with chopped vegetables, shredded cooked chicken, cheesy tortellini all slow cooked in a flavorful chicken broth. Dinner the whole family will love!
Adding in tortellini to soups just gives it a little more spunk. Try more soups with tortellini in them like this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup, Creamy Tuscan Garlic Tortellini Soup or Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
I am sharing with you my Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup!
This soup is loaded with veggies, shredded chicken and cheese tortellini.
It’s a fun and easy twist on the classic chicken noodle soup.
Best of all this soup is made in a slow cooker.
That means little to no prep time and lots of flavor.
This soup simmers low and slow for 6 hours!
What you need to make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup:
This Chicken Tortellini Soup is comforting at its best!
You won’t go wrong with this flavorful, SO DELICIOUS soup that will warm your soul.
It is quick and easy to make with all the simple ingredients.
Full of delicious flavors and has all the ingredients straight out of your pantry and refrigerator.
This Chicken Tortellini Soup will become a family favorite!
- Chicken: boneless chicken breast
- Carrots: medium, peeled and diced
- Celery: stalks and diced
- Onion: medium, diced
- Garlic: cloves that are minced
- Chicken broth: low sodium
- Water: part of the broth.
- Bay leaves: adds in flavoring and is taken out before serving.
- Italian seasoning: flavorful seasoning over the chicken.
- Cheese tortellini: pasta for thickness and rich flavorings added with the cheese stuffed inside.
- Parsley: optional
- Salt and pepper: to taste
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup:
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is super easy to make.
Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the tortellini.
I like to add them in about 15 minutes before serving so they don’t get mushy.
Serve this soup with some crusty bread and a nice salad and enjoy!
- Cook in a slow cooker: Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cut up chicken: Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in tortellini and cook: Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Add toppings and serve: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup:
This chicken tortellini soup is one of my favorites!
It is definitely made often during the winter months.
So simple to add it all into the slow cooker and cook on low all day.
Letting it simmer and smell the soup cook makes my mouth water while waiting for it to finish cooking.
Chicken Tortellini Soup is SO GOOD and can’t be topped with these cheesy tortellini pasta.
Here are more tips on how to make this the BEST Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe.
- Cut vegetables: It is best to cut the vegetables into larger chunks and all about the same width. This will ensure the vegetables cook throughout during the same time. The larger chunks won’t become mushy if this soup is reheated or frozen.
- Fresh is better: Fresh tortellini cooks quicker compared to frozen. If you are using frozen tortellini, add a little more time to cook them longer in the slow cooker.
- Substitute the tortellini: There are a few other types of stuffed tortellini.
- Pasta or broth: Add in more tortellini to the soup or more water if you prefer more broth.
- Creamier broth: Half and half or whipping cream can make this a creamier base broth if you are looking for a creamy broth.
- Leafy greens: looking for a healthier version with leafy greens?! Try adding kale or spinach to the soup.
Storing Chicken Tortellini Soup:
Great for busy nights and making ahead or using as a freezer meal.
You can’t go wrong with this comforting Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe.
It is easy to make and tastes so good.
Warm up your family with this delicious Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe!
- Prepare vegetables ahead of time: Trying to get a head start on this soup. Simply chop your vegetables the night before. When ready to make, add it all in the slow cooker to cook.
- Can you make Chicken Tortellini Soup ahead of time? Yes, this is a great soup to make ahead of time. Simply follow the instructions and leave out the tortellini. Once it is cooked and cooled, place the chicken tortellini soup into a ziplock bag or airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days long. When you are ready to warm up, add in the tortellini pasta once the soup is warmed through.
- Can you freeze Chicken Tortellini Soup? Yes! Once your soup has completely cooled, either leave out the tortellini or remove the tortellini before placing in a ziplock bag. Place in the freezer, laying flat for up to one month. When ready to thaw, simply place in the refrigerator over night until it is thawed.
- How to warm up Chicken Tortellini Soup: When ready to warm up, place back into the slow cooker or a large pot over the stovetop. Warm up slowly, stirring occasionally. Once the Chicken Tortellini Soup is warmed up, add in the tortellini pasta. Cook until tender and everything is warmed through.
Looking for more Soup Recipes? Here are my favorites:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
- Vegetable Detox Soup
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Beef Barley Soup
- Classic Italian Wedding Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is loaded with chopped vegetables, shredded cooked chicken, cheesy tortellini all cooked in a flavorful chicken broth. Dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or more to taste
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- chopped fresh parsley for serving if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.
Updated on January 5, 2020
Original Recipe Posted on November 20, 2015 by Kelley back from Chef Savvy
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.