Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is such a delicious and comforting soup. Loaded with carrots, celery, onion, chicken and tortellini, this creamy soup will become a favorite!
Remember how last week is was really hot and in the 90’s and I wished that fall weather would come? Well it came yesterday and got down to 54 degrees. The heater even kicked on last night. We have this cold that is going through our family and now I am the one that has it. So now I am not too sure I am quite ready for this cold weather. 😉
One thing that I love about fall though is soup! Even though I could eat soup all year long, I get even more excited to make it when the cold weather starts to come. And all I felt like this week was a comforting bowl of soup. Since this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup went crazy last year, I knew that a creamy version had to make its debut!
This creamy soup is so comforting and such a classic. Carrots, celery, onions, chicken, and tortellini all come together to make this soup hearty and feeling. I love a good and creamy soup and this one hit the spot!
I know that your family is going to love this delicious and creamy soup just as much as we did!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or more to taste
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- chopped fresh parsley for serving if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth, bay leaves, and italian seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk the milk, heavy cream, and flour. Add it to the slow cooker along with the tortellini. Cook for 15 minutes until tortellini is cooked through and soup has thickened.
- Discard bay leaves and serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.