Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach, gnocchi and chicken hidden throughout. This tastes even better than the Olive Garden!
Fall is in the air here in Utah and the leaves are starting to change in the mountains. It is absolutely gorgeous! There are so many things that I love about fall. And the fact that our air conditioning hasn’t been running all day and night is just a huge bonus.
As the temps start to drop there is nothing better than a big bowl of hearty soup.
This Olive Garden Copycat recipe has been on my list of soups to make for a few years now. I love all of Olive Garden’s Soups but their Chicken Gnocchi soup is awesome. The best part is that it is so easy to make! It comes together in less than 20 minutes.
You guys are going to love the incredible creamy and rich broth. It is flavored with the perfect amount of seasonings. It has one of my favorite herbs inside…. thyme. It is so hearty with the added chicken and gnocchi. I absolutely love gnocchi. It is the perfect addition to this soup. Along with shredded carrots, celery, and spinach this soup is full of flavor! Put this on your list of must try soups! You will not regret it.
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth for a thinner soup use 2
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast I used rotisserie
- 1 16 ounce package potato gnocchi on the pasta isle
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a [url:1]large pot[/url] add butter and olive oil. Over medium high heat sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender. Add the flour to create a roux and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add the half and half and chicken broth and stir until it starts to thicken. Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken and gnocchi. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until gnocchi is cooked and soup is thickened. (If you want a thinner soup add another can of chicken broth.) Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted from [url:2]All Recipes[/url]
[b]Alyssa Also Recommends:[/b]
Want to make this even easier? Here are a few products that I LOVE:
•[url:3]Calphalon Cookware Set[/url]
•[url:4]Cuisinart Stainless Steel Chopper[/url]
•[url:5]Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives[/url]