- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 T butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
- Roll out the dough in a large square on a floured surface. Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Fold the dough in half. Cut the dough into one inch strips. A pizza cutter worked great for me!
- Twist the one inch strips of dough and place on a cookie sheet. Let that sit for another 10-15 minutes to raise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. My oven took about 17 minutes for these to be lightly brown.
- Immediately after baking brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and grated parmesan cheese. Serve with marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, or ranch.
- This also makes an excellent pizza dough. When I make this recipe, I half it. It makes quite a bit of dough. I use half of the dough for breadtwists and half of it for four personal size pizzas. If you are making one pizza or mini pizzas, oven temperature and cooking time will still be the same.