This is seriously my go to recipe for easy and amazing dough. It is the best! It doesn’t take hours to raise and you still get that soft delicious homemade taste! I use this recipe for pizza dough, bread twists, and now garlic knots. They turned out fantastic. I was tempted to use the picture with little fingers trying to grab them while they were being photographed. They didn’t even make it to dinner this particular time that I made them, but they make an excellent side to any meal!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Review: I loved how these turned out! They made a lot and the garlic and butter soread on the top was amazing! These are definitely impressive and seem like they take a long time, but they don’t!
Easy Homemade Garlic Knots
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
3. On a floured surface, roll your dough out about 1/2 inch thick. I used a pizza cutter to cut the dough in half and then in strips (about 8-10 inches) for the garlic knots.
4. Roll the strips in your hands to look like ropes and then tie in knots.
5. Place the knots on a greased baking sheet and allow them to rise for another 10 minutes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
7. While they are baking melt the butter and mix with garlic powder, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. As soon as the garlic knots come out of the oven, brush the tops with the butter garlic mixture. Enjoy!
Stay up to date with The Recipe Critic!