Pillowy soft, with perfect taste and texture, this Quick and Easy Dough is going to be your go to recipe for everything! You are going to want to keep this in the archives and use it over and over again. It is just that incredible.
We all have made homemade versions of kids’ favorites; Burgers, Tacos, and Macaroni and Cheese. When it comes to homemade pizza, though, it can be intimidating. Not anymore, now you can make homemade pizza and so many other delicious things with this quick and easy dough.
Quick and Easy Dough
Most doughs require lots of proving and rising time. That means you have to plan ahead. If you’re like me, as much as I try to plan ahead, things don’t always go according to planned. But with this super fast and effortless dough I can have an amazing dinner any time of the week. It’s a dinner lifesaver!
The rest time is only about 20 minutes for this dough. So within 30 minutes I can have my pizza or whatever I am making in the oven. It is a great recipe for beginners because it is so easy. And the taste is fantastic. This is a dough recipe that you are going to want to keep in the archives and use over and over again. It is incredible!
Few ingredients make such an amazing dough.
- Warm Water: Make sure it’s not too hot, or it’ll kill the yeast.
- Sugar: This is food for the yeast, don’t leave it out
- Yeast: Gives the dough it’s rise and elasticity
- Flour: A good strong flour is necessary for good structure.
- Salt: Essential ingredient in breads
Making Quick and Easy Dough
This is so easy!
- Mix: Combine the water, sugar and yeast, give it a little stir then let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine: In a large bowl combine the flour and salt to the yeast mixture. Stir till smooth.
- Rest: Let the dough rest for 10 min. It will rise some.
- Prepare: Prepare the dough for whatever you are doing and Let it sit another 10 min.
- Bake Bake 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Tips for Great Quick and Easy Dough
- Water: You want your water to be 105-115 degrees when you add it to the yeast for optium proofing
- Sugar: Yeast needs food to grow, sugar is it’s favorite. You can also use Honey without changing the flavor or structure of the dough. Use the same amount of honey as you would sugar.
- Rest: The first 5 min. rest you give the dough acts as it’s first rise, that’s what makes this so quick and easy. You don’t have to wait for a full rise in bread form, which would take longer.
- Salt: Salt can kill yeast if added at the same time. Don’t add the salt till after it’s rested and you’ve added in the flour. Salt is needed for flavor, structure and enhancement.
- Flour: Do not add too much flour. Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The exact flour amount will vary so go by the touch and feel of the dough versus the exact cup measurements. The dough should be soft and smooth.It should not leave a residue on your hands, but should not be super stiff either.
- Double: This is simple to double and make pizza and breadsticks or whatever with.
- Flavor: Feel free to add seasonings to the dough when you add the flour if you desire.
Pizza Crust Tips with Quick and Easy Dough
This is the best recipe to use for pizza but there are a few things to make it perfect.
- Pre-Bake: There is nothing worse than toppings cooked to perfection and doughy crust. I like to eliminate that from happening by pre cooking the crust for 5 min. No more, no less. Once I top it I continue to cook it on the bottom rack in the oven. This ensures the crust cooks through.
- Pizza Stone: If you can preheat a pizza stone, then you do not need to pre-bake the pizza dough.
- Bubbles: If you notice bubbles forming in your dough while it’s cooking, simply pierce them with a fork. You can also fork it before baking to prevent it from bubbling.
- Personal: This dough is wonderful fo rmaking personalized sized pizzas, medium or large pizzas. Have a make your own pizza party.
- Freeze: You can freeze the dough. Once you’ve mixed it all together. Shape into one large or two balls, wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 month.
- Thaw: Thaw in the fridge up to 8 hours or the night before then shape and let rest 10 min and use as desired.
Recipes to use with Quick and Easy Dough
- Parmesan Bites with Alfredo Dip
- Homemade Garlic Knots
- Homemade Bread Twists
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Twists
- Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Quick and Easy Dough
This is a dough recipe that you are going to want to keep in the archives and use over and over again. It is incredible!
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.
Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and it was so easy and worked great!
Prepare the dough for what you will be making and let rest for another 10 minutes before putting into the oven.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
*If making a pizza, you can cut the dough recipe in half and make a thinner crust pizza and breadtwists. That is what we like to do.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.