Hey again, friends! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I am bursting-at-the-seams excited to share this recipe with you today! First, let’s play a little game and see if you can guess what recipe I have up my sleeve…
Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun!
Did you guess it?? Today I’m sharing an epic recipe for a Big Mac Burger! I don’t know about you, but even though I try to eat healthy most of the time, I still love to indulge in a big, stacked Big Mac every now and again, and I love the idea of re-creating that famous burger at home. It took a couple tries to get the special sauce juuuuuust right, but I think I’ve got it down, and I think you’re going to love it!
Big Mac Burger
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 8 sesame seed buns 2 bottoms and 1 top per burger
- 4 slices American cheese
- white onion finely diced
- Iceberg lettuce thinly shredded
- dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
To make the special sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Chill in the refrigerator several hours before serving.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper (or other seasonings as desired) and place on a cutting board. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the beef and roll out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut the beef into 8 round, thin patties using a biscuit cutter or the top of a cup, and cook the patties on a grill or in a skillet until cooked through.
To assemble the burgers:
- Add the following ingredients, working from the bottom up: bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, cheese, pickles, bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, pickles, top bun.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.