Hey again, friends! It’s Liz from Love Grows Wild, and I am bursting-at-the-seams excited to share this recipe with you today! First, let’s play a little game and see if you can guess what recipe I have up my sleeve…
Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun!
Did you guess it?? Today I’m sharing an epic recipe for a Big Mac Burger! I don’t know about you, but even though I try to eat healthy most of the time, I still love to indulge in a big, stacked Big Mac every now and again, and I love the idea of re-creating that famous burger at home. It took a couple tries to get the special sauce juuuuuust right, but I think I’ve got it down, and I think you’re going to love it!
Big Mac Burger
The perfect Big Mac Burger with a delicious special sauce!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 8 sesame seed buns 2 bottoms and 1 top per burger
- 4 slices American cheese
- white onion finely diced
- Iceberg lettuce thinly shredded
- dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
To make the special sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Chill in the refrigerator several hours before serving.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper (or other seasonings as desired) and place on a cutting board. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the beef and roll out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut the beef into 8 round, thin patties using a biscuit cutter or the top of a cup, and cook the patties on a grill or in a skillet until cooked through.
To assemble the burgers:
- Add the following ingredients, working from the bottom up: bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, cheese, pickles, bottom bun, special sauce, onion, lettuce, beef patty, pickles, top bun.