Ground beef tacos are a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will love! Fill a taco with this tender and juicy beef with all your favorite toppings that will become the best weeknight dinner.
This ground beef is tasty and full of flavor! Use this ground beef to make several recipes like these easy homemade Navajo tacos. Make the BEST EVER ground beef with this recipe!
Ground Beef Tacos
Need an easy family dinner that everyone is going to love?! These ground beef tacos are tender and juicy in every bite plus the ease of making them quickly on a weeknight. Add all your favorite toppings on top of the beef tacos and taste the amazing flavor combination. Perfect for kids to help make in the kitchen and see how easy recipes can be. This was such a flavorful meat that could be made with
This past week with our family home we have tried making all our meals homemade and from scratch. These ground beef tacos are just what we needed, something fresh, full of flavor and perfect for all ages in our home. My boys helped chop and prepare the tortillas and produce. During this time my girls helped set the table as well as cook the ground beef with me and adding in the simple pantry staple ingredients. This time at home has helped us all to become closer and enjoy family meals again!
Ground Beef Tacos Ingredients
These ingredients are just what your pantry has. My homemade taco seasoning is so easy to make and can have a shelf life of 3 months. It is perfect for this taco recipe and adds just the right amount of seasoning and flavor. Enjoy this quick and easy beef taco recipe with simple ingredients with all the amazing taste!
- Ground Beef: Lean ground beef is best for less grease and tender meat for these tacos.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: This is easy to make and stores for several weeks in an airtight container.
- Tomato Paste: Thick and rich sauce that adds so much flavor and texture to this beef meat.
- Water: Helps save time when cooking ground beef and speeds up the process making the beef tender all at the same time.
- Taco Shells: Personally, I love homemade tortillas or a warmed up tortilla.
- Shredded Cheese
How to Make Ground Beef Tacos
- Cook ground beef: In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the ground beef and cook and crumble until brown.
- Mix in ingredients: Add ingredients for homemade taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Stir until combined. Let it simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Prepare and serve tacos: Divide evenly into taco shells and top with desired toppings
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
The best ground beef is 80/20 unless fresh from the market or local farm.
More Optional Toppings
Just adding a few extra toppings can help add even more deliciousness. The ground beef alone is literally the best ground beef that you will ever have. Add in toppings to enjoy more of variety on each taco that is created.
- Cheese: Change up the cheese with a spicy Mexican blend or just a classic cheddar cheese.
- Cilantro: A great garnish to top your taco with.
- Sour Cream: A rich and creamy topping to lighten the taco.
- Salsa: So many fun salsa flavors like my 5 Minute Mango Salsa or a classic Homemade Salsa.
- Avocado: Try guacamole or sliced avocados on top.
- Jalapeños: Add some spice to each taco with some sliced jalapeños fresh or from a jar.
- Onions: Chop up onions for a crunchy sweetness topping.
More Delicious Tacos
- Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with an Apple Slaw
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Spicy Blackened Salmon Tacos with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- Beefy Baked Tacos
Ground Beef Tacos
Ground beef tacos are a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will love! Fill a taco with this tender and juicy beef that will become the best weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 taco shells
- Shredded Cheese
- Avocado diced
In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the ground beef and cook and crumble until brown. Add ingredients for homemade taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Stir until combined. Let it simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
Divide evenly into taco shells and top with desired toppings
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.