Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with an Apple Slaw is one-of-a-kind Taco Tuesday kind of party with a flavorful, fun taste. You will not find a recipe with so many ingredients bursting with flavor and seasoning that puts smiles on everyones faces bite after bite. Thick, plump seasoned Smoky Paprika Fish that is light and tasty in every taco with a sweet crunch of Apple Slaw to make the perfect combination!
Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with an Apple Slaw
- 1 tbsp McCormick Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Parsley. Flakes
- 2 tsp McCormick Black Pepper
- 2 lbs white fish (cod tilapia, halibucut into 3” inch pieces
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ small head green cabbage shredded (or prepackaged cabbage slaw)
- 1 granny smith apple cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Preheat oven to 400°F
In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic salt, dried parsley and black pepper.
Arrange fish on a parchment lined baking sheet and season generously with prepared spice blend, reserved ½ tsp of the blend for the slaw.
Place on fish on center rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
While fish is baking combine cabbage with apples, cilantro, onions, lime juice and reserved spice blend.
While the fish is still warm divide between warm tortillas and top with apple slaw and fresh toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Smokey Paprika Fish Tacos with an Apple Slaw
It’s time to change for the New Year and make better for you healthy meal choices. I am working with McCormick this year and we are turning over the New Year with a New You! The start to this year was different for me because I didn’t have to make a goal of losing weight! Last year I finally lost all of my extra baby weight and achieved my goal of losing over 40 pounds. I have learned that making healthy choices should become a part of my lifestyle. It is time to stop the fad diets and start making small everyday choices to improve my health. It can be just as simple as making one healthy swap with your meal and adding amazing spices to the dish that you are creating. McCormick spices are my go-to for creating a bold flavorful meal. You don’t have to compromise on taste while creating a healthier dish for you or your family. McCormick has designed all their seasonings to be light and flavorful so you can take your meal to the next level.
I knew I wanted to continue to eat healthy and choose better meals this following year. Teaming up with McCormick and using their amazing line of quality spices, has enhanced my meals and brought more of a “WOW” factor to every bite. The best part is my family can enjoy the meals along with me.
Fish Tacos are one of our favorite meals to make. I have learned to LOVE fish and these are a party in your mouth. This meal is made incredible by only having to use a blend of spices but the smoky paprika becomes the start of the dish. My family is already requesting these on a weekly basis and I couldn’t agree more!
How do you make Smokey Paprika Fish Tacos and Apple Slaw?
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl combine McCormick Smoked Paprika, McCormick Garlic Salt, McCormick Dried Parsley Flakes and McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper.
- Arrange fish on a parchment lined baking sheet and season generously with prepared McCormick spice blend, reserve ½ tsp of the blend for the slaw.
- Place fish on center rack in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While fish is baking combine cabbage with apples, cilantro, onions, lime juice and reserved spice blend.
- While the fish is still warm divide between warm tortillas and top with apple slaw and fresh toppings.
What are some Optional Healthy Toppings?
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Wedge or Juice
What kind of fish is best for fish tacos?
You will want to have a white fish for a healthier meal. White fish are high in protein but low in calories. This makes a satisfying meal that will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
Looking For More Healthy, Flavorful McCormick Meals? Look No Further!
- Blackened Chicken Avocado Power Bowls
- Sheet Pan Garlic Lime Salmon Fajitas
- Best Ever Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Grilled Berry Feta Chicken Salad with a Sweet Chipotle Dressing
Watch a video on how to make Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos here:
This post was sponsored by McCormick. All opinions expressed are my own. I love supporting brands that I use for myself in the kitchen!