Grilled Berry Feta Chicken Salad is loaded with fresh summer berries, bacon chipotle seasoned grilled chicken and topped with a sweet chipotle dressing! You will be craving this mouthwatering salad all summer long!
Summer grilling is in full swing at our house and fourth of July is just around the corner. It is one of my favorite summer holidays and a perfect time to get together with friends and family. It is always fun to have patriotic bites at the BBQ and a mouthwatering summer salad is always a must. Firing up the BBQ to make this tasty and unforgettable Grilled Berry Feta Chicken Salad with the help of McCormick’s Grill Mates Bacon Chipotle Seasoning is going to add so much flavor it is going to blow you away!
I love having red white and blue colors apart of my fourth of July party. This salad has beautiful and vibrant red, white, and blue with the fresh summer berries and feta cheese. The berries add a sweet element to the salad and create delicious flavor and texture. The chicken adds a hearty protein and the bacon chipotle seasoning is absolutely incredible.
Have you tried McCormick’s line of Grill Mates Seasonings? I am pretty sure they are my hubby’s favorite when it comes to grilling in the backyard. He is the grill master at our house and these are his favorite seasonings to use and his secret ingredient for big and bold flavor. We actually just had a BBQ with friends last week and used all of the different varieties on our burgers and steaks. These grill mate seasonings are a must have at our house!
You guys are going to love all of the unique but delicious flavors in this salad. The sweet chipotle dressing is absolutely fantastic!! It combines fresh raspberries, and chipotle peppers. A little bit of sweet and heat combines in this dressing and is the perfect finishing touch.
This will be one of the best salads that you try and perfect for a summertime BBQ. The bacon chipotle seasoning makes it so easy to quickly add flavor to your dish and is so great to have on hand. I know that you are going to love them just as much as we did!
If you are looking for some delicious sides for your 4th of July BBQ you will love these Baked Beans with Bacon or Grilled and Loaded Smashed Potatoes. Be sure to finish of the evening with a delicious no bake treat like Firework Poke Cake or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stars.
I hope that you all have a wonderful fourth of July filled with good food and friends!
Grilled Berry Feta Chicken Salad with a Sweet Chipotle Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chiles in adobo finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large chicken breasts
- McCormick Bacon Chipotle Seasoning Mix
- 6-7 ounces (about 6-7 cups) mixed greens lettuce
- 2 cups sliced strawberries sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 8-10 slices center cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Start by preparing the dressing. Heat up the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add chipotles and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the raspberries and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir. Add the sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool entirely.
- For the chicken, preheat the grill to high heat (or a skillet to medium-high). Oil the grill grates. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, pat dry with paper towel, and then sprinkle the seasoning mix generously onto the breasts. Rub the mix all over the chicken making sure it is completely covered. Grill the chicken 5-8 minutes per side or until the chicken registers 160 degrees Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, crumbled cooked bacon, and feta cheese. Add the chicken strips.
- Toss to coat with the dressing and enjoy immediately!
- Do not toss the salad with dressing until right ready to eat.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This post was sponsored by McCormick®. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.