Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa is a colorful dish that is packed with juicy mangos, crunchy red onions and bell peppers, a little spice from a jalapeño and cooled down with a squeeze of fresh lime juice flavor! Enjoy this sweet and savory salsa this mango season.
Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa
Mangos are in season and I needed them in my shopping cart! I love the texture and flavor of a good mango. Combining all the ingredients together, you get a sweet, spicy and savory party in your mouth.
Now that school is coming to an end, it is time for grilling, parties and summertime fun! I love having my kids home during the summer to just enjoy them and spend time doing all the things we took a break from during the school year, plus the weather is nice outside!
We love salsa and I knew I wanted something to be quick, fun and simple for our BBQ this weekend. It is a bright and colorful salsa that everyone gets drawn too. This goes well as an appetizer with chips or a side dish with chicken or seafood. I love how easy it is to make and fun it is to bring to the table!
How Do You Make Mango Salsa?
- In a medium sized bowl combine the mangos, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, juice of one lime, and salt to taste.
What is a Mango?
Mangoes are juicy stone fruit from numerous species of tropical trees belonging to the flowering plant genus Mangifera, cultivated mostly for their edible fruit. The majority of these species are found in nature as
How to Pick the Perfect Mango?
Squeeze gently to judge ripeness. A ripe mango will give slightly, indicating soft flesh inside. Use your experience with produce such as peaches or avocados, which also become softer as they ripen. Ripe mangos will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem ends.
What Ways Can You Use Mango Salsa?
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips. (I love a salty chip to make a sweet and salty crunch)
- Use it to top grilled meats, such as, chicken, pork or steak
- Use it to top seafood, such as, cod, tilapia, salmon or shrimp
- Use it to top tacos, burrito bowls, rice bowls or quesadillas
- This mango salsa also makes a great side dish to a summer BBQ – just grab a spoon!
What Other Ingredients Can Be Added?
- Black Beans
- Green or Yellow Bell Peppers
Can Mango Salsa be Prepared Ahead of Time?
Yes! Mango Salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. You can freeze salsa but it will not look the same once defrosted. The salsa will be watery. You can thaw the salsa then drain it if you wish, although fresh salsa may taste better.
Looking for More Recipes with Mangos? Here are some!
- Grilled Mango and Pineapple Salad
- Mango Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Mango Chipotle Barbecue Salmon
- Skin Glowing Raspberry Mango Smoothie
- Coconut Honey Lime Shrimp with Sriracha Mango Dip
Fresh and Easy Mango Salsa
- 3 mangos diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine the mangos, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, juice of one lime, and salt to taste.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.