Delicious, fresh, and easy to make mango-lime salsa
Hey everyone! Chelsea back from Chelsea’s Messy Apron with a MUST MAKE recipe before this summer is over — Mango-Lime Fruit Salsa. We’re obsessed with fruit “salsas” at my home and it’s a great way to use all your delicious summer produce.
You can enjoy this salsa with your favorite chips OR use it to top some grilled meat. We love grilling marinated chicken and serving it with a huge topping of this salsa.
This salsa is ridiculously easy to make! It requires some veggie/fruit chopping, but after that you just toss everything together and squeeze some lime juice over it all. If the mango and avocado are really ripe, you really don’t need any other seasonings or a special dressing to make this salsa outstanding. I add just a pinch of salt and pepper to accentuate flavors and occasionally I’ll add a pinch of cumin, but that is completely optional.
However you choose to eat this salsa I hope it becomes one of your favorites! Enjoy!
Mango Lime Salsa
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno finely diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the mango, avocado, red pepper, jalapeño, red onion, lime juice and cilantro leaves and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste (and cumin if desired).
Serve this mango salsa over one of these grilled chicken recipes: