This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Experience the ultimate freshness and flavor with this easy Corn Salsa recipe. Packed with fresh ingredients like red onion, jalapeño, and lime juice, it’s the perfect blend of flavors for a refreshing summer appetizer.
Salsa, dips, anything that I can much on with some yummy chips or crackers are my favorites! You’ve got to try out this delicious Rotel Dip, this super easy Spinach Dip or this classic Avocado Salsa. They are so good and will be perfect for serving for any meal or at any party!
What is Corn Salsa?
Corn salsa is a flavorful and fresh side dish made with sweet corn kernels. It typically includes a combination of diced red onion, jalapeño, and other fresh ingredients such as bell peppers, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro. Corn salsa can be served chilled or at room temperature. Whichever you prefer, you can eat it with some yummy tortilla chips! Or, take it to the next level and use it as a topping for tacos or grilled meats!
Its sweet and savory taste, along with its colorful appearance, makes it my family’s favorite choice for summer gatherings and parties. Not only is this recipe so delicious but it only takes 5 minutes to put it together. And, you can easily make this mild or spicy, depending on who you are serving this to and what you like! If you love a lot of heat, make sure to leave the seeds in your jalapeños when you prepare all of your veggies! Trust me, you will love this recipe!
Corn Salsa Ingredients
These ingredients are fresh and deliver so much flavor and color to any meal! To see the exact measurements for each ingredient then check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Sweet Corn: Juicy and tender kernels bring a delightful sweetness to the salsa.
- Red Onion: This adds in a mild flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a nice aroma and mild taste to the salsa.
- Jalapeño: Provides a spicy kick and adds depth of flavor to the recipe. Leave the seeds out if you want a more mild salsa.
- Red Bell Pepper: This ingredient offers a slightly sweet and crisp texture with a mild flavor.
- Orange Bell Pepper: Adds a vibrant pop of color and a hint of sweetness to the salsa.
- Fresh Lime Juice: I love fresh lim juice! It brings a tangy citrus flavor that brightens the salsa.
- Cilantro: You either love it or you hate it! I love the fresh and herby taste that it brings to the recipe.
- Salt: Enhances the flavors of all of the ingredients.
- Pepper: This adds in some flavor without much heat.
- Cumin: The cumin brings in a touch of warm, earthy, and deep flavor.
How to Make Corn Salsa
This corn salsa is whipped up in less than 5 minutes. Not only is it easy to make but the ingredients are so bright and refreshing that I hope you have an extra bag of tortilla chips… You will need them when you see how irresistible this salsa is!
- Add Veggies: Add the drained corn, red onion, garlic, jalapeño, bell peppers, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Combine Seasonings: Combine the lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Mix and Chill: Drizzle the dressing ingredients over all of the veggies and mix well. Once combined then chill in the fridge before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make this corn salsa your own by adding ingredients and using substitutions. Here are some common questions that can help you make your salsa perfect!
- Can I use frozen corn instead of canned corn? Yes, you can use frozen corn as a substitute for canned corn. Thaw the frozen corn before adding it to the salsa and adjust the amount if needed.
- Can I make corn salsa without cilantro? Yes! I know that cilantro is one of those “love it or hate it” ingredients so you can omit cilantro if you’re not a fan. You can either leave it out entirely or substitute it with another herb such as parsley or basil.
- How spicy is corn salsa? This depends! The spiciness is based on how much jalapeño is used and if you included the seeds and membranes. If you prefer a milder salsa then be sure to remove the seeds and membranes before adding the jalapeño.
- Can I add additional vegetables or ingredients to corn salsa? Absolutely! Corn salsa is a versatile recipe, and you can customize it to make it perfect for you! Feel free to add diced tomatoes, black beans, avocado, or other vegetables for extra flavor and texture.
- Is corn salsa gluten-free and vegan? Yes, corn salsa is typically gluten-free and vegan. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check the specific ingredients you use to make sure.
- Can I use lime juice from a bottle instead of fresh lime juice? While fresh lime juice provides the best flavor, you can use bottled lime juice if fresh limes are not available.
Because this corn salsa is so delicious, you will want to have it on hand all the time! Here is how you can make this ahead of time and store any leftovers:
- Making ahead of time: Corn salsa can be made ahead of time in the refrigerator. It actually benefits from some chilling time because it allows the flavors to meld together. Just keep it in an airtight container and it should stay fresh for a few days.
- In the Refrigerator: Corn salsa can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
- Can I freeze corn salsa? I don’t recommend freezing corn salsa because the texture of the vegetables can change when you thaw the salsa. It’s best enjoyed fresh.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
5 Minute Corn Salsa
- Add the drained corn, red onion, garlic, jalapeño, bell peppers, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing ingredients over all of the veggies and mix well. Chill in the fridge until it is ready to be served.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.