Carne asada tacos are a go-to recipe in our family! You can fill the tortilla to the brim with all of your favorite toppings, and everyone (even picky eaters!) will go crazy over this meal!
Taco Tuesday is the best, and these tacos are perfect for it! Pair these with Mexican rice, homemade guacamole, and these delicious air fryer tortilla chips.
The Best Carne Asada Tacos
So this recipe tells you how to form and create the best carne asada tacos out there! But before you start into that, you need to make your carne asada and you could even make your tortillas from scratch too! This carne asada is absolutely divine. It’s tender and juicy and has so much flavor. You don’t want to skip it or use another recipe. Trust me when I say that it’s the best of the best! I know that once you eat it then you will be thanking me later.
After you’ve made your carne asada, then comes the fun part! The reason that my family loves these so much is because they can customize them however they want! The picky kids can eat just the meat and tortilla while the rest of us can still enjoy a delicious and very flavorful meal. Make these your own and add in any and all of the toppings that you can think of!
Ingredients in Carne Asada Tacos
This list is what I use to make these carne asada street tacos but feel free to add to it or take things away to fit your family’s needs! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Flour Tortillas: You can use flour tortillas or corn tortillas. Make them from scratch or buy them from the store, whichever you prefer!
- Carne Asada: Grill up this recipe before hand and then chop it up into bite size pieces.
- Red Onion: Chop or slice this up to the size that you like.
- Jalapeno: These are optional. Use more if you like a lot of heat!
- Roma Tomato: I love the fresh flavor and texture that the tomatoes bring to this.
- Guacamole: I love a good dollop of guacamole on my tacos!
- Sour Cream: Add in this delicious and tangy sour cream to the tacos for added texture and taste.
- Cotija Cheese: This is a MUST for carne asada tacos! It’s SO delicious!
- Cilantro: Chop this up and sprinkle it on as a garnish.
How to Make Carne Asada Tacos
These tacos are super simple to throw together. You can make carne asada nachos, and fries and even use it as a topping on a salad! In fact, I like to cook up my carne asada and double the batch to keep some in my fridge for recipes all week long.
- Cook the meat: Cook the carne asada and then chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Start assembling the taco: Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Then, add ½ cup of the carne asada to the center of the tortilla.
- Add toppings: Add red onion, jalapeño, tomato, guacamole, and then sour cream. Top with Cotija cheese and then chopped cilantro.
I’ve got you covered for all of you who love to load up your carne asada tacos with as many toppings as possible! Here is a list of some more toppings that you can use on these tacos. Try them out and then you can make it a different meal every time.
- Pico de Gallo
- Bell Peppers
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Lime Juice or Lime Wedges
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Refried Beans (You could add these to the taco OR serve them as a side!)
- Chili Powder (Sprinkle it on for a little bit of added heat!)
Carne Asada Tacos
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- one recipe for carne asada chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook the carne asada and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Add ½ cup of the carne asada to the center of the tortilla.
- Add red onion, jalapeño, tomato, guacamole, and sour cream. Top with Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.