Mango shrimp in a lettuce shell and topped with a fresh, zesty, mango salsa. This light lunch is the perfect meal!
I love all things shrimp, and with the cold weather we have been experiencing lately, I have been craving all things tropical, sunny, and fun. These lettuce wraps were the perfect solution for my cold weather blues because they taste light summer!
The shrimp is cooked in a mango and sweet chili sauce puree, and are sweet with a hint of spice. And the fresh salsa is crunchy, creamy, and tasty! Basically it is a winning combination and one I could eat all year round.
I start by cooking the shrimp in a delicious mango sauce. It is really tasty just by itself, so you may need to make extra in order to have some left for the lettuce wraps!
Then I whip up this mango avocado salsa. It is so flavorful and really makes these lettuce wraps pop.
Then I assemble and enjoy!
Mango Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp cleaned, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tbs Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 sweet mini peppers
- 1/2 an avocado. diced
- 1/2 a mango diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped fine
- 1 green onion sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp lime juice
- a pinch of garlic seasoning
- a pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- Clean shrimp and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter, and add chunks of frozen mango. Saute for a minute or two.
- Put mango and butter mixture in a blender and puree. Add in the tsp of Thai sweet chili sauce and mix together
- Return to pan and add shrimp
- Cook 3-4 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop up the mini peppers, mango, cilantro, red and green onion and mix together in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and seasonings, and stir
- Add avocado and stir one more time to mix the salsa together
- Wash butter lettuce leaves and assemble lettuce wraps by placing shrimp down (2-3 depending on lettuce leaf size), and topping with fresh salsa
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
What a beautiful looking snack!