This fresh asparagus salad is one of my favorites and I can’t wait to show you how to make it. With lemon vinaigrette dressing drizzled on top this salad has a light and flavorful crisp crunch in every bite.
Salads that are filled with more vegetables and fruit in them than lettuce make my day! For more flavored salads try this Antipasto Salad Recipe, Apple Bacon Brussels Sprouts Salad or Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad.
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Fresh taste with all the fresh flavors from vegetables and tomatoes makes this salad filled with so much flavor. Every bite has an incredible taste and crunch! Fill your bowl with this heart healthy and delicious asparagus salad! The blend of each of these ingredients together is overwhelming and amazingly delicious. You can’t go wrong with this salad on the table.
This salad features fresh cut asparagus, washed spinach, crunchy radish, sliced juicy tomatoes and peas. All drizzled with a homemade lemon vinaigrette salad dressing that is light and tasty. Asparagus salad is a quick and easy salad that comes together within minutes and can be served for any occasion. Have it as a side or a main dish for a at home meal or a barbecue. Your family will be loving all the fresh flavors in their bowl!
The Salad Ingredients:
- Asparagus: Take a bunch, wash and cut into thirds.
- Spinach: Wash and spin dry using this Salad Spinner
- Radish: Crunchier the better! Slice these into thin slices.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Sliced in half for a juicy bite.
- Peas: These can be thawed peas or fresh.
- Red Onion: Slice and toss into the salad
- Feta Cheese: Sprinkle and crumble at the same time into the salad.
The Dressing Ingredients:
- Olive Oil: This does keep the dressing separated. Quick shake and the dressing will be mixed together again.
- Lemon: Juice: A fresh lemon is best but lemon juice works well too.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Give it a sweet and tangy taste in the dressing.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
How to Make Fresh Asparagus Salad:
- Cook asparagus: In a large pot boil the asparagus for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- Toss salad ingredients: In a large bowl combine spinach, radish, cherry tomatoes, peas, onion, and feta cheese.
- Making the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix together: Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and mix together.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
If you are making this ahead of time, do not add in tomatoes or the feta cheese. Once ready to serve add in as well as pouring the dressing overtop.
Taking Care of Vegetables:
Asparagus are fresh, flavorful and have that perfect texture that you just want to keep eating. There are a few ways to cook asparagus and one of the ways is steaming it. Using a large pot is what I prefer and a quicker way to cook the asparagus. If possible, standing up the asparagus is best and will help protect the tender tops of the asparagus while being cooked. Having the large pot will also help the asparagus to stay spread out and have room to tenderize but not become mushy.
Drain the water and rinse the asparagus with cold water helping the asparagus stay firm yet tender. This process only takes about a few minutes to prepare and the asparagus will be ready to add to the salad.
Tips for Making the Best Salad:
- Asparagus: Boiling water does not take long to cook the asparagus. Just 1 to 2 minutes stirring occassinsaly will sometimes be enough. It is best just to barely heat the asparagus or it will become limp and mushy.
- Protein: Add in chicken, pork or beef into the salad. Even salmon or tuna fish are a great combination as well.
- Egg: Boiled egg does add some extra flavor and soft texture to this asparagus salad.
- Healthy: As a side note and fun tip, this salad is naturally vegetarian and gluten free. Keep up the great work eating healthy!
- Beans: Add in beans like pinto or black beans for another variation.
More Delicious Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry, Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with an Apple Cider Poppyseed Dressing
- Southwest Chickpea Salad
- Summer Cobb Salad
- Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Farro Caprese Salad
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into thirds
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup radish sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and mix together.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.