This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Summer Cobb Salad is filled with fresh summer fruits and veggies. It’s loaded with grilled chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado, goat cheese, berries, cucumber, grilled corn and tossed in a simple balsamic lime vinegar dressing. Every bite is refreshing, bright, and summery!
It’s hot out and fruits and vegetables are in abundance so why not make a giant salad the whole family will love?! This salad is so delicious, nutritious, filling, and full of color. If you’re looking for more yummy salad recipes, add Grilled Chicken Caesar Avocado Salad, Beef Taco Salad, and Chili Lime Chicken Salad to the menu!
Summer Cobb Salad
Summer is the time when most people are trying to take better care of their health and eat nutrient rich meals and this Summer Cobb Salad is a great way to do that! Since it’s harvest season you can purchase many fruits and veggies for a lower price and premium quality which makes getting more produce in your diet quite a bit easier.
This salad is pretty simple and requires minimal cooking. I like to cook up extra chicken and corn when prepping this salad so that I can store extra in my fridge and throw this salad together for lunches throughout the week.
How do you make Summer Cobb Salad?
- Heat up the grill to medium high heat. Drizzle the cob of corn and the chicken breasts with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill. Cook the chicken on both sides until cooked through (about 6 minutes per side) and rotate the corn every 3 minutes until charred all over. Once cooled, slice chicken and cut corn off the cob.
- Cook up the bacon in a fry pan over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Chop up when cooled.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, lime juice, Dijon, honey, zest, basil, salt and pepper.
- Place the green in a large bowl, top with the corn, chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, avocado, berries, and cheese. Drizzle on vinaigrette and toss. Serve immediately.
What lettuce is used in Cobb Salad?
A combination of greens (ice berg, romaine, watercress, endives) is usually used in a cobb salad. In this salad I chose to use spring mix but you could also use spinach or just romaine lettuce. Use what you have or what you love!
Do you have to use corn on the cob?
No. You can buy frozen fire roasted corn (I love the one from Trader Joe’s) or canned fire roasted corn. If you don’t care for the charred taste use regular canned or frozen corn.
What other fruits and vegetables would be good in this salad?
- Fruits– Blueberries, Strawberries, Cherries, Nectarines…
- Vegetables– Sweet Peas, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Broccoli…
Want more Salad Recipes? Enjoy these ones!
- Berry Chicken Spinach Salad
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Grilled Chicken Bacon, and Pear Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Chicken and Apple Salad with a Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad with Candied Bacon
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Summer Cobb Salad
For the Salad:
- Place the greens in a large bowl or platter. Arrange the chicken, bacon, eggs, corn, avocado, cucumber, berries, and cheese on top of the lettuce. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the dressing, place all vinaigrette ingredients together in a jar and shake. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.