Fresh strawberries, sliced avocados, slivered almonds and sprinkled with feta cheese all tossed with a spinach salad then drizzled poppyseed dressing mixed together for the final touch. This strawberry avocado spinach salad is one everyone is raving about!
Salads are light, fresh and full of flavor if made right! Strawberries are my favorite in salads and these salads have them in them: Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad with Glazed Walnuts and Feta Cheese or Strawberry, Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with and Apple Cider Poppyseed Dressing.
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Today I am sharing with you my favorite salad in the whole entire world. Now that is saying a lot! This is my go-to salad for any gathering and is requested every time! The fresh strawberries and avocado help to make this salad delicious. But it is the creamy poppyseed dressing on the top that is to die for! Strawberry avocado spinach salad is to die for!
I love that the delicious fresh strawberries are starting to come into season. At the grocery store, strawberries are starting to look amazing so I grabbed two cartons. Lunch was coming up and I wanted a fresh mouth watering salad. Everything looked so good, I could hardly cut the avocado and strawberries fast enough before I ate them one by one.
Toss everything into a bowl and whisk up one of my favorite creamy poppyseed dressing. This dressing is hands down one of the best ones out there. It gives the salad such an amazing creamy and sweet flavor. It completes the deliciousness of the strawberry, avocado spinach combo. This salad will also become instantly a favorite! You have to experience the amazingness of this salad and it is sure to impress your friends!
Ingredients to Make the Best Salad:
This strawberry avocado spinach salad is best served fresh and after being tossed together. Add all the ingredients together in one bowl and be ready to be amazed! Toss the salad and have a crunchy, soft fruity texture with an amazing poppyseed dressing drizzled overtop.
- Baby Spinach: I like to wash and prepare my spinach before tossing it all together.
- Strawberries: Slice in half or slices. I love my strawberry slicer.
- Avocados: Large avocados sliced in thin slices.
- Almonds: Buy them already sliced or chopped up.
- Feta Cheese: Crumble the cheese over top the salad to add in a delicious touch.
Toss Some Salad:
Fall in love with how quickly and tasty this strawberry avocado spinach salad comes together. Mouthwatering salad is in the works and so simple to make. Add all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl and enjoy within minutes. All fresh ingredients makes this salad even better!
- Combine ingredients: In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, almonds, and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately: Serve salad immediately and garnish with more feta cheese and almonds if desired.
Making the Dressing:
Creamy poppyseed dressing will go a long way with this easy to make
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, cider vinegar, and poppyseeds. Pour about half over the salad and toss to coat. Add more of the dressing if needed.
- Mayonnaise: This is a creamy dressing as a base in the dressing.
- Milk: 2% milk is best. It has a rich and thick taste and texture for the dressing.
- Sugar: Sweeten the dressing with a little bit of white sugar.
- Cider Vinegar: Add in a tangy touch!
- Poppyseeds: These poppyseeds are a hit and the perfect touch to color and a little bit of flavor.
Storing Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad:
Usually this strawberry salad is gone within serving it. It is my most popular salad and for good reason. This tried and true salad is delicious and the most flavorful dish! It is best to serve cold and immediately after being tossed together.
- Making Ahead Salad: Prepare and add all the ingredients together in a bowl or even separate bowls until ready to toss together. Place in the refrigerator and mix together within a few hours of preparing.
- The Dressing: The poppyseed dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Refrigerating: This salad is best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If the salad is already tossed together with the dressing it will last in the refrigerator 24 hours. Keeping the dressing separate will help the salad last 2 to 3 days however, it is still best fresh. The strawberries and avocados do turn colors and even lose their flavoring once sliced.
More Salad Favorites:
- Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Apple Bacon Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad
- Summer Cobb Salad
- Balsamic Chicken Cobb Salad with Pasta
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, almonds, and feta cheese.
- Serve salad immediately and garnish with more feta cheese and almonds if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I have added Blue Cheese and sometimes chickin. YUM
That sounds delicious!
What cheese would be best to substitute for the Feta cheese?
Ricotta is a great cheese to substitute or you can leave out the feta cheese too.
this salad was excellent! I added chicken and made it a main meal. I split the entire recipe just between me and my hubby (tho did only use one avocado) and it made a big salad for the two of us but we ate every bit and can’t wait to make it again. Loved the dressing. I am going to make this next time I have company. Thanks for the recipe.
Loved this salad! So many textures and tastes happening in your mouth. I did use less spinach.
Will definitely be trying this salad. However, I am not a fan of poppy seeds and do not eat them. What can I replace them with?
This is honestly the best salad dressing I’ve ever had. Thank you!!! I had to replace The green roughage with kale because I forgot to buy spinach and it was sooo good. No bitter aftertaste! And the crunch was a great added texture.
This is SO delicious with added chicken!! Next time I will reduce the milk as the dressing was a bit runny. I would like to eat this at least once a week this summer. Thank you for sharing!
Possibly the best salad I’ve ever eaten. Picked strawberries in the AM and had the salad with dinner. Amazing.
I make a double batch of the dressing. Since there is only two of us I don’t mix anything, just make separate bowels and build them with the salad stuff, and then one avocado and dressing. We can have eat it for days! Love the dressing!
This dressing is fantastic and has become my new favourite.
Many thanks from sunny South Africa
Such a delicious salad. One of my favorites. Bursting with flavor and very filling
great salad, my grown son loved it and he not a salad person.. i made salad with all the ingredients, but i added blue berries and trader joe’s candied pecans.. just delish. thanks for a great recipe.
Sounds delicious. I would just like to check that the sugar amount and vinegar amount have not been swapped around? Sounds like a lot of sugar…
This looks amazing. Will definitely be trying this as, here in Thailand, strawberries tend to not be sweet at all, so I’m always looking for a good recipe to jazz them up a bit rather than just to pour sugar on them, which is what the Thais do 🙂 Thanks for this.
This salad is really delicious and I love the poppyseed dressing. This is my new favorite go to salad for entertaining. Definately 5 stars.
This salad looks absolutely gorgeous! Love the combo of feta, strawberries and avocado…and the poppyseed dressing recipe looks just perfect. Thanks for sharing!
This salad is…amazing! We had it for lunch and I’m in love 🙂 Thanks! 5 stars!
I love all the flavors in this salad!
What a gorgeous salad & great flavor combo! Pinned!