Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing is made with delicious fresh summer berries and is tossed with kale, crunchy almonds and topped with feta cheese. A healthy and light salad that is perfect for summer!
With all of these potlucks and no bake desserts it is time for a delicious and healthy salad. Am I right? I mean. My jeans are starting to get tight and when you have to get into a swimsuit with the kiddos a salad couldn’t sound better.
I love, love, LOVE fresh summer berries in salads. You get the best of both worlds with getting your serving of fruit and veggies in at once. The berries give this salad such amazing flavor and texture.
I like to use strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. I like to switch up what I use for the greens and kale is a great and healthy green full of nutrients. If you aren’t a huge fan of the texture of regular kale, baby kale is a great alternative as well. Everything comes together so well in this salad.
Of course this dressing is what really makes this salad amazing. I used my favorite creamy seed poppyseed dressing. The original recipe calls for mayonnaise but I decided to make this salad totally healthy and delicious by substituting for greek yogurt. I added real strawberries to the creamy dressing and it was perfection!
Once you toss this delicious salad in the dressing you top it off with some crunchy almonds and feta cheese. The perfect finishing touch to this salad. You are going to love everything about this easy and healthy salad. It is perfect for the summer and is sure to be a hit!
Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 T milk unless you like it thicker
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl add kale, strawberries, blueberries, sliced almonds and feta cheese. Toss
- TO make the dressing: Add the greek yogurt, strawberries, milk, sugar, and cider vinegar to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Whisk in the poppyseeds.
- Drizzle the desired amount over the salad and toss.