Southwest Chickpea Salad is a delicious and fresh chick pea salad filled so many delicious flavors and textures! This salad is fresh and healthy and easy to make!
Oh man. Life lately. Just when you think that life is going to slow down a big change happens to make your life busy again. We are getting ready to close on a new house in a couple of weeks and will start the moving process. Again. We move so much that I should just leave everything in boxes. But this time it is kind of exciting because we will finally own a home. My husband has been finishing school and we have just been renting and moving from place to place. So it is exciting and nerve wracking to become first time home owners.
On top of getting ready to move we are surviving the last month of school. I don’t know about you guys but the last month of school is hard! It is funny how I would wake up with my boys every day and pack them a lunch and walk them to school. Now my son wakes himself up to an alarm and gets him and his brother ready. I am just so tired. I am ready for summer!
When life gets so busy I love making easy, fresh and delicious recipes. I am seriously in love with chick peas lately and this salad is full of so many delicious ingredients. Black beans, tomatoes, corn, olives, avocado and cilantro. It is fresh, easy and full of flavor!
You guys are going to love all of the flavors and spices in this Southwest Chickpea Salad! You are going to love how fresh and healthy it is and it is perfect for upcoming potlucks and picnics. It is vibrant and full of color and flavor and I know that it will be a hit wherever it goes.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 2 medium avocado, diced
- 1 small can of diced olives
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl combine black peans, chick peas, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and olives. In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro. Add to the salad and toss ingredients until combined, Garnish with feta cheese.