Cheesy Vegetable Soup is jam packed with tender vegetables in a creamy cheesy soup. This soup has amazing flavor and is so comforting in the winter!
The weather has been so weird here in Utah since we got back from Disneyworld. Not too cold, and today it has been raining. Utah weather is so strange which means we should brace ourselves for a big snow storm. That is usually how it works.
But I can’t seem to get enough soup this time of year. It is perfect for a chilly day and so comforting. Since the New Year is here, it is time for some more veggies since they didn’t make much of an appearance for the Holidays! This soup has so many yummy veggies, and you won’t be able to get enough of this creamy, cheesy soup!
What is in cheesy vegetable soup?
This soup is packed with so many yummy veggies. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Carrots, Onions, and Potatoes. Then it involves a creamy and cheesy base that makes this soup amazing!
Everything combines in this soup to bring you a hearty, veggie-filled delicious soup! Our entire family loved this soup and it is even better served in a bread bowl. It makes the perfect healthy soup for a chilly night and will become a new family favorite!
Cheesy Vegetable Soup
- 6 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups potatoes peeled and cut into one inch cubes
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add 2 Tablespoons butter and melt. Saute onion, celery, carrots, and garlic until tender. Add the chicken broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Add the broccoli and cauliflower the last 5 minutes and cook until tender.
- In a medium-sized saucepan add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and melt over medium-high heat. Add the flour and create a roux cooking for 3-4 minutes. Slowly whisk in the half and half.
- Pour into the soup and stir. Add the cheese and stir. Let simmer until thickened and cheese has melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
More delicious soup recipes:
This soup is dangerously delicious, as in, I feel like I want to keep going back for more!
I made the following modification to suit my preferences:
4 c veg broth
2 c whole milk
Whole bunch of kale chopped spoon sized, added with potatoes(omitted broccoli/cauliflower)
Sprinkle of nutmeg, shake of mustard powder.
OMG! Thanks for the great recipe! I had an idea of what I wanted to make and this recipe helped me achieve it! Another time I’ll try with the broccoli and cauli as I’m sure that will also be delicious!
How many servings does Cheesy Vegetable Soup make?
This makes about 6 to 8 servings. Hope that helps! XOXO
We loved this! Delicious, even my 5 y.o. ate his!
This soup looks awesome. Do you know the nutritional info, I didn’t see it or a link to get it. Thanks, Jim