My mom made this soup for us for Sunday dinner a few weeks back. It was gone so fast that I couldn’t even get a picture of it. This soup was so delicious and creamy. We LOVED it! I was more than happy to make it again for my family!!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: Apparently I missed the part of adding the 2 cups water to the soup! It still tasted great to us!!
Things that I would do differently next time: Add the water
Creamy Potato Soup
- 2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
- 8 potatoes diced
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bit
- 1/4 green onion
- Boil the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot, add the broth, onions, salt, pepper, and water. Let is simmer on medium low.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 2 sticks of butter. Whisk in the 3/4 cup flour and add to your broth mixture slowly.
- Add the heavy cream slowly to thicken.
- Let that simmer for 20 minutes and add the potatoes.
- Serve with green onions, bacon, and cheese if you'd like!