My mom made this soup for us for Sunday dinner a few weeks back. It was gone so fast that I couldn’t even get a picture of it. This soup was so delicious and creamy. We LOVED it! I was more than happy to make it again for my family!!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: Apparently I missed the part of adding the 2 cups water to the soup! It still tasted great to us!!
Things that I would do differently next time: Add the water
Recipe From: Food.com
2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
8 potatoes, diced
4 cans chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups cold water
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
1/4 cup bacon bit
1/4 green onion
1. Boil the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large pot, add the broth, onions, salt, pepper, and water. Let is simmer on medium low.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the 2 sticks of butter. Whisk in the 3/4 cup flour and add to your broth mixture slowly.
5. Add the heavy cream slowly to thicken.
6. Let that simmer for 20 minutes and add the potatoes.
7. Serve with green onions, bacon, and cheese if you’d like!