Tuscan Vegetable Chicken Stew is so comforting and full of hearty vegetables, white beans and chicken. Super easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights!
Hey everyone, it’s Kelly from Life Made Sweeter back to share another easy dinner recipe again!
It’s officially comfort food season so this time I’m bringing a simple and insanely delicious Tuscan Vegetable Chicken Stew. The weather has been cold and rainy where I am and there is nothing more that I love than to warm up with a big nourishing bowl of this cozy stew.
Not only is this stew super easy to make, it’s also packed with tons of healthy and hearty veggies. The best part is that you can easily customize it with whatever you have on hand!
We loaded ours up with celery, zucchini, red peppers, carrots, diced tomatoes and white beans. Just let them simmer together in a large pot with some garlic, onions and Italian herbs to create a super rich and flavorful base. Plus, you guys are going to love how amazing this makes your kitchen smell!
Once the flavors have had a chance to meld together, we’re going to toss in some spinach and cooked chicken.
Serve this up with some crusty bread, fresh parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. This stew is so comforting, delicious and the perfect way to warm you up on any chilly day!
Tuscan Vegetable Chicken Stew
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 19 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast I used rotisserie
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the butter and olive oil. Add in the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and saute for about 4-5 minutes, until tender and fragrant. Stir in the zucchini and red pepper and cook for another 2 minutes until slightly softened. Sprinkle in the flour to create a roux and cook for another minute. Slowly add 1 cup of the chicken broth while continuously stirring until it starts to thicken and comes together. Then slowly pour in the remaining chicken broth.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, beans and entire can of tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cider vinegar and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.