Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 2 stars
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- 1 pound oreo cookies
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang for easy removal. Spray the aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray,
2. Place 28 oreos in a food processor or grinder and pulse until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter and stir until the oreos are moistened. Pour the crumb mixture into the 9×13 and press firmly until the crumbs are evenly distributed. Bake this for 10 minutes in oven and remove from oven and set on a cooling rack while you make the cheesecake mixture.
3. In large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar about 2 minutes until smooth. Add the sour cream, vanilla, and salt and beat together for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
4. Break the remaining cookies in half and gently pulse them in the food processor so that they are still chunky. Stir them into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Pour the cheesecake on top of the oreo crust and spread evenly. Then I took about 4 oreos and crumbled them on the very top. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes until the filling is set around the edges and the middle is a little wobbly. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Keep them stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe Adapted from Recipe Girl
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016