I love salmon but hardly make it because I know that my boys won’t eat it. So I usually order it every time that we go out to eat. But I have been wanting to eat salmon for a long time so I decided to make it for myself for lunch. This was the BEST salmon I think that I have had. It tasted like I was at a 5 star restaurant eating this. And I love that it was pan seared and had a crust to it and it was so tender and melted in my mouth! And holy cow. Have you tried brown butter? It is like crack! I have made brown butter frosting before but this brown butter lime sauce to top the salmon was perfection!
I wanted to make my little boy try this when he got home from school. Because unlike the picky one, he will at least try everything! I had him try a bite and he said, Mom, this chicken is AMAZING!! I think I will make ‘chicken’ more often!! 😉
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 8 tsp flour, divided
- 8 tsp honey, divided
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place the salmon fillets onto a cutting board and put 1 tsp flour on each side and evenly spreading the flour over the salmon. Evenly drizzle 1 tsp honey onto each side of the salmon.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan and heat to medium. Since you don't want to overcrowd the pan, you may want to use two pans and use the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, or do two batches.
- Carefully place the salmon into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side browning each side of the salmon.
- While salmon is cooking, to make the sauce heat the butter into a small saucepan. Swirl the butter occasionally until it has turned a light brown color and is fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk the garlic, honey, salt and pepper into the sauce.
- Pour the browned butter sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with your lime zest and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Cooking Classy
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016