I love salmon but hardly make it because I know that my boys won’t eat it. So I usually order it every time that we go out to eat. But I have been wanting to eat salmon for a long time so I decided to make it for myself for lunch. This was the BEST salmon I think that I have had. It tasted like I was at a 5 star restaurant eating this. And I love that it was pan seared and had a crust to it and it was so tender and melted in my mouth! And holy cow. Have you tried brown butter? It is like crack! I have made brown butter frosting before but this brown butter lime sauce to top the salmon was perfection!
I wanted to make my little boy try this when he got home from school. Because unlike the picky one, he will at least try everything! I had him try a bite and he said, Mom, this chicken is AMAZING!! I think I will make ‘chicken’ more often!! 😉
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 8 tsp flour, divided
- 8 tsp honey, divided
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place the salmon fillets onto a cutting board and put 1 tsp flour on each side and evenly spreading the flour over the salmon. Evenly drizzle 1 tsp honey onto each side of the salmon.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil into a saucepan and heat to medium. Since you don't want to overcrowd the pan, you may want to use two pans and use the other 1 tbsp of olive oil, or do two batches.
- Carefully place the salmon into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side browning each side of the salmon.
- While salmon is cooking, to make the sauce heat the butter into a small saucepan. Swirl the butter occasionally until it has turned a light brown color and is fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk the garlic, honey, salt and pepper into the sauce.
- Pour the browned butter sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with your lime zest and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Cooking Classy
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017