This summer has definitely kept me busy. I mentioned in an earlier post that I cook for my husbands team that he manages in the summertime. Most of them are single guys that don’t really know how to cook. So I love when one of them gives me one of their family recipes and wants me to make it for them. I feel like it gives them a little taste of home while they are out here. 🙂
I can’t even describe how amazing this recipe turned out. I loved the crust surrounding the frozen dessert. It gave it a little crunch and it was delicious! The middle was creamy and I loved the fresh frozen strawberries inside. The guys all loved it and described it as strawberry ice cream sandwich. This is the perfect summertime dessert and I am so happy to have gotten this delicious recipe. Thanks Calvin! 🙂
- 4 graham cracker sheets
- ½ cup pecans
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare a 9x13 by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine graham crackers and pecans until finely ground.
- Melt butter and combine with crumbs, flour, and brown sugar.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of a parchment lined pan and cook for 20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Take out the crumb mixture and let cool.
- In a kitchenaid, or using a hand mixer, beat egg whites and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add heavy cream and mix for 6 minutes.
- Add juice from one lemon and cream cheese and mix until creamy.
- Gently fold in chopped strawberries.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of your 9x13 pan. Spread strawberries and cream mixture on top and sprinkle the rest of your crumb mixture on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 3 hours but best if overnight. I also found that if you let it sit out 10 minutes before cutting it is easier to remove the bars.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016