Hey hey it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb back with another tasty dish for you! Today I’m sharing this fancy schmancy (not really) salad with an incredibly delicious dressing! I don’t know about you but I always feel like I’ve done a good deed by eating a salad. I dunno what it is. Even when it’s loaded with croutons and creamy dressing I still feel like I deserve brownie points. This salad though, really is a healthy salad. Wait, you mean it’s loaded with flavor and still good for you?? Yep. That’s my kind of salad.
It think it’s gotta be the the pomegranate seeds that give this salad that “fancy” feel. Probably because the instant you see pomegranate seeds on anything you either see dollar signs (for those pre-seeded containers) or a lengthy amount of work and purple hands. Those of you who have shelled a pomegranate know exactly what I’m talking about.
De-seeding that pretty winter fruit can be a bit of a pain but soooo worth it! There’s nothing quite like those juicy little guys. Mmmmmmmm, so good!
The salad dressing really tops off this whole salad with a lot of flavorful garlicky balsamic-y goodness. And a bit of sweetness from the honey. You’ll love it. Fix this salad as a side or top it with some strips of cooked chicken breast for a healthy and delicious main dish!
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine, baby spinach leaves, or mixed greens
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: fresh cracked pepper
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together until smooth. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, pomegranate seeds, apple slices, and feta cheese. Toss to mix well. Plate about 2 cups of salad onto each of four plates. Top with dressing and freshly cracked black pepper if desired.
For more recipes from Creme de la Crumb click HERE.
This collection was rounded up by Creme de la Crumb: