I just got home from an amazing blogger retreat. It was such a fun and relaxing trip and I can’t wait to tell you more about it later! The day before I left, I needed an easy recipe to throw into the crockpot and I couldn’t wait to try this coconut chicken. I found it in the Taste of Homes magazine and it some of it reminded me of my Hawaiian chicken I made in the summer. It was one of my favorite recipes last summer so I couldn’t wait to give it a try and see how the flavor was.
Don’t be afraid of the coconut flavor in it. It isn’t too sweet and the rest of the ingredients gave it the perfect balance. And honestly, I couldn’t get enough of it! There is just something amazing and wondrous about chicken that is cooked in the crockpot. It peeled apart it was so tender. And the flavor of the sauce was a little bit of sweet but still had a flavor that the entire family will love. It is just so easy to throw together and I promise you that the flavor is fantastic! Even approved by the picky one that hates coconut. 🙂
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 Tablespoon flaked coconut
- minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, and ground cloves.
- Spray a slow cooker lightly with cooking spray and place the chicken in the bottom. Pour the sauce on top and cover.
- Cook for 4-5 hours or until chicken in cooked through. Serve chicken with shredded coconut and ciliantro.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #58 - July 23, 2016
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken - July 19, 2016
- Triple Berry Kale Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing - July 18, 2016