My blog recently got a little facelift and new and simple design. Have you noticed? 🙂 I was getting a lot of complaints that my fonts were to light and hard to read. So I went BLACK just for you guys! So no matter what your age is and if you are reading this with no problems, the design was a success! 😀
You know a recipe was a success when you already want to make them again. And only 2 1/2 muffins actually showed up for the photoshoot. Oops. These were fantastic. I love carrot cake anything! And I am so surprised this is my first recipe to make it to the blog. The muffins were so moist and delicious but can you guess my favorite part? The cream cheese filling inside! It was the best of both worlds and all of the goodness of carrot cake packed into a delicious muffin.
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- sparkling white sugar
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, water and oil. Combine in the bowl with dry ingredients until incorporated. Add the grated carrots.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups for easy removal. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the carrot cake batter into the bottom of the cup. Add 1 tablepoon of the cream cheese mixture to the center, and then cover with about 2 Tablespoons of the carrot cake mixture until the muffin cup is full. Repeat this with every cup. I was able to get about 10 muffins.
- Sprinkle the tops with the sparkling sugar and bake for 17-20 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are firm. Let cool for about 20 minutes before eating.
Recipe from Real Housemoms
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016