I love the holidays and especially all of the baking involved. It can be a busy time but baking in the kitchen is my happy place. I love baking delicious treats and giving them to neighbors. Some things that I bake in the kitchen become an instant favorite with the first bite. These Cherry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars fell into the instant favorite category. Instead of giving them to my neighbors I wanted to eat have them all for myself. They were just that good!
Something about the bright red cherry pie filling remind me of the holidays. These bars have a delicious nutty crust and the center is filled with a creamy and sweet sour cream center swirled with cherry pie filling. The top is a crumbly delicious topping which is a perfect finish to these bars. Can you see why they became an instant favorite!?
We recently had Thanksgiving and I took these bars for dessert. Cherry Pie is my favorite Pie! You get the same delicious taste of a cherry pie in each and every bite. They are simple to make and were the biggest hit and everyone raved about them! I am a HUGE fan of Lucky Leaf. I could actually tell what Cherry Pies had Lucky leaf pie filling and which ones didn’t. I love Lucky Leaf Pie filling so much because it tastes high in quality and is bursting with delicious cherries in every bite! They were just was these bars needed. Then when you swirl the creamy sour cream mixture with the filling, you will have one amazing dessert! You have got to try these for yourself!
- ½ c butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 21 ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Cherry Pie Filling
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8×8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
- In a food processor add the pecans and pulse until coarse crumbs. Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, pecan crumbs, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8×8 prepared baking pan.
- For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
- Spoon your pie filling over the sour cream and gently swirl with the sour cream filling with a spoon.
- Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. 🙂
This post was sponsored by Lucky Leaf®. All opinions expressed are my own!