When I tell you that this is the BEST breakfast casserole it is no joke. I have made a few breakfast casseroles in my day and this one became an instant favorite! I especially loved this casserole because it was so hearty and full of wonderful breakfast goodness. It is a classic breakfast casserole with amazing flavor. It has hash browns packed right inside which was my favorite part.
This breakfast is perfect any time of the year but great for Christmas! You take everything out the night before and throw it in the oven in the morning. It can feed a lot of people which is awesome. I have our traditional Sticky buns on the menu for Christmas along with this amazing casserole. When I made it last week for my hubby and I we couldn’t seem to get enough of it! Luckily it makes a big casserole and is enough to feed a small army! Try it out for yourself! You will agree that it is amazing!
- 24 oz frozen shredded potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 C half and half
- 1 t season salt
- 1½ C cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ C pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 C chopped ham (Or your preferred meat, sausage would also be great)
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Add the frozen and shredded potatoes to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then add half and half, season salt, cheddar cheese, pepper jack, and chopped ham.
- Pour over the top of the frozen potatoes. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake covered in foil at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Taste of Home