Perfect moist and puffy cookies with fresh blueberries bursting inside. These cookies are a mix between a blueberry muffin and a soft and chewy cookie. Drizzled in a lemon glaze, these will become a new favorite!
I am celebrating a pretty special occasion today with some of my favorite blog friends. Our friend over at Something Swanky is having a boy! So we are throwing her a virtual baby shower to celebrate. I wanted to bring some delicious cookies and these Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies are perfect!
I was so excited to hear that Ashton is having a boy. Having two boys, I feel like I am a pro in the boy department. They are so much fun! I had to learn how to hunt for bugs, go to monster truck shows, and break a nail or two digging in the dirt. Boys are so sweet and and I can’t wait to meet Ashton’s little bundle!
As I was thinking about what to make for Ashton, I thought blue. And then it involved into something ‘blue’berry. And blueberry just happens to be perfect for this time of year. But have you ever had a blueberry in a cookie?! Whoa. like whoa. These tasted like a blueberry muffin and a cookie had a baby. Ha.
The cookie base was perfection. Soft, puffy, and chewy and the cream cheese inside was awesome. The blueberries just burst inside your mouth with every bite and kept the cookies moist and soft.
I couldn’t stop eating them they were so good. But the added lemon glaze on top was the perfect finishing touch to these cookies. Lemon and blueberry go so well together and the hint of lemon was so refreshing.
These cookies are soft and chewy and absolutely perfect. I know that you are going to love them too!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In another medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- TO make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk, vanilla and lemon zest. Drizzle on top of cookies.
Check out the other recipes served at Ashton’s virtual shower today!
Krispy Kreme Pie by Wine and Glue
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes by Call Me PMC
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Bundt Cake by Layers of Happiness
Double Chocolate Cups by Diary of a Recipe Collector
Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cobbler by Taste and Tell
Paleo Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes by Food Faith Fitness
Blueberry Coconut Protein Pops by Capturing Joy
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip by Crazy for Crust
Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll by Yummy Healthy Easy
Blueberry Granola Gratin by Buns in My Oven
Strawberry & Cream Profiteroles by Lemons for Lulu
Dirt Cake by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Trifles by Life, Love, and Sugar
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes by Inside BruCrew Life
Butterfinger Cupcakes by Six Sisters’ Stuff
Brookie Bars by It Bakes Me Happy
Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Beyond Frosting
Blueberry Pie Cheeseball by Mom On Timeout
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse by Heather’s French Press
Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies with a Lemon Glaze by The Recipe Critic
Lemon Berry Pastries by I Wash You Dry
Lemon Berry Fruit Kabobs by Crumbs and Chaos
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash - October 27, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #71 - October 22, 2016
- Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - October 17, 2016