I am obsessed with fresh fruit. Our fridge is always full of fresh ready to eat fruit. I would honestly eat fruit over candy and chocolate any day. I am loving all of the fresh fruit at our local market right now and it is perfect for making a fruit salad.
One of my favorite salads on the blog is this Honey Lime Poppyseed Fruit Salad. The honey lime glaze add the perfect flavor to the fruit. I decided to make this salad but add some quinoa. Quinoa not only adds a yummy texture to this salad, but has so many health benefits and added protein.
My friend Jason from The Modern Dad came over for a visit and it was the perfect opportunity to put together this delicious salad with all of the fresh fruit in my fridge. Jason is honestly the funniest person that I know and I laugh the entire time. He has such a fun blog too! By the end of making this salad our mouths were watering and we couldn’t wait to eat it!
This salad is incredible. So many delicious fruits are in this salad. You are going to love it! And my favorite part is the honey lime glaze over the top. Everything is perfect and the quinoa added to it is delicious. I loved the texture that the quinoa gave. I couldn’t get enough of it!
This salad is perfect for your next gathering. It is one of the best salads that I have made and the honey glaze on top is incredible. Sure to be a hit!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 1½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango, diced
- Honey Lime Glaze:
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil for garnish
- Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to package. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl combine the honey and lime juice. Drizzle over the fruit salad and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Cheesy Fiesta Chicken and Rice Skillet - August 25, 2016
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016