Delicious light and fluffy chocolate mouse with hidden cherries busting inside. This dessert is rich and creamy on top of an oreo crust and drizzled in chocolate. It will become an instant favorite with the first bite!
Christmas is just next week my friends! It has totally snuck up on me this year and it is coming whether I am ready or not. I at least finished all of my Christmas shopping. Now just to wrap them all. But I am a wrapping at midnight on Christmas eve kind of girl. I find that I work great under pressure!
Chocolate always makes everything better and I have been having quite a bit of it this holiday season. I have had to bust out the stretchy pants on several occasions. But I have to share with you one more AMAZING chocolate dessert! Let me break it down for you. An oreo crust, a creamy and rich chocolate mouse with Lucky Leaf’s cherry fruit filling, and drizzled in chocolate.
I am pretty much obsessed with Lucky Leaf’s fruit filling. It is hands down the best! The quality is amazing and it is bursting with delicious cherries inside. A little side note: My mom actually used it to make her Thanksgiving pies and I could tell with the first bite. It is the best out there in my opinion.
I love the chocolate and cherry combination together. So when thinking of a delicious dessert to create, I wanted incorporate both. There is something about the holidays that remind me of chocolate and cherry. These bars are all of the things you want in a dessert. Chocolatey, rich, creamy, and decadent. They are to die for!
These bars were pretty simple to put together. They have a quick and easy to make oreo crust layer. The mousse layer has cream cheese inside which adds such a creamy and delicious flavor and helps to stabilize the mousse. You then add melted chocolate and fold in real whipping cream and cherries.
My favorite part about these bars was the cherry chocolate mousse layer. The mousse was so creamy and rich and I especially loved the hidden cherries bursting inside. Our family couldn’t get enough of them!
If you are a chocolate mousse lover like me, then these bars will become your new BFF. Everything that you love about chocolate mousse in delicious to make bars. Plus the hidden cherries throughout give it a fun new flavor and texture. I know that your family is going to love these as much as we did!
- 20 Oreo Cookies
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Lucky Leaf® Cherry Pie Filling
- To make the oreo crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil. In a food processor pulse the oreos until they are coarse crumbs. Mix with melted butter and press into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To make the chocolate mousse: Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Beat melted chocolate into cream cheese. Beat 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipping cream and cherry pie filling into chocolate-cream cheese mixture until well blended. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until set.
- To make the chocolate drizzle: Microwave 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of bars.
More delicious desserts made with Lucky Leaf premium pie filling!
This post was sponsored by Lucky Leaf®. All opinions expressed are my own!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016