Peppermint Bark is a holiday must! And when asking readers what their favorite holiday treat was, most of you said peppermint bark. And it is one of my favorites too! Something about the layered semi-sweet and white chocolate with the crushed candy canes on top. It is the perfect easy treat for Christmas!
The great thing about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. We all could use a delicious and easy holiday recipe this time of year right? It only requires 4 simple ingredients. I melted my chocolate in the microwave and the recipe all came together in just a matter of minutes.
If you are looking for a last minute treat to give to your neighbors this is perfect! Simple to make and such a delicious chocolatey holiday classic! You will love it.
- 12 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 pound good-quality white chocolate, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil and set aside. Melt the chocolate using a double broiler or in the microwave. If using a double broiler, melt the semi-sweet chocolate over simmering water. If melting in the microwave, melt in a microwave safe bowl stirring after every 30 seconds being careful not to let it burn and clump. Stir in ¾ teaspoon of the peppermint extract and spread the chocolate in a layer on the bottom of your 9x13 inch pan. Let cool about 10 minutes to room temperature or until almost set.
- Repeat the same steps to melt the white chocolate. Add ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract. Once melted and smooth spread evenly on top of the set semi sweet chocolate layer. Sprinkle immediately with the crushed candy canes an press them gently into the chocolate.
- Set aside and let set to room temperature for about an hour. Break into pieces. Can be stored in an airtight container for a week.