20 Minute Vegetable Lo Mein is a super easy weeknight dinner that is loaded with veggies! The entire family will love it!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing this Easy 20 Minute Vegetable Lo Mein! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
I love making my favorite take out dishes at home. They are super easy to make, taste a whole lot better and are healthier.
This vegetable lo mein is way better than takeout. I stir fried a mix of my favorite veggies: carrots, red pepper and snow peas. While the vegetables are stir frying I whip up a simple sauce made up of soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and mirin.
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup snow peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add in red bell pepper, snap peas and carrots. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the sauce and cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and mirin. Set aside.
Love this Easy Beef Teriyaki? Here are some more Recipes from Chef Savvy to try!
- Mongolian Beef Ramen
- Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken
- 30 Minute Mongolian Beef
- Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.