Skillet Maple Bacon Cinnamon Roll is an easy to make cinnamon roll skillet cake with maple cream cheese frosting and crumbled bacon. The perfect holiday breakfast!
The holidays are quickly approaching and I look forward to a warm and delicious breakfast with my family. The holidays are such a busy time. I love being able to have a nice warm breakfast ready for my family and this is ready in no time at all! Cinnamon Rolls are always a guaranteed hit. But when you drizzle them in maple cream cheese frosting and top them with Jones bacon these cinnamon rolls are taken to a whole different and delicious level!
For this recipe I used Jones’ Dry Aged Cherrywood Smoked Bacon. To make this delicious bacon, Jones smokes fresh pork bellies with cherry wood chips, creating an unbeatable flavor. While all of companies bacon products are certified gluten free, the Cherrywood Smoked Bacon has such a delicious sweet and smoky flavor that is truly authentic! It is perfectly crispy and delicious and your family is going to love it!
Have you tried the maple bacon combination before? It is absolutely incredible. The sweet cinnamon rolls with the maple cream cheese frosting and the savory bacon is completely irresistible. Bacon really brings out a savory flavor in the cinnamon rolls and adds that extra protein and new texture and flavor. Plus bacon makes everything better. Am I right?
The process of making this Skillet Maple Bacon Cinnamon Roll could not be easier. You use refrigerated buttermilk biscuits which make a great shortcut. You top it off with the most amazing maple cream cheese frosting and crumble the bacon on top for the perfect finishing touch. Breakfast is on the table in no time at all which gives you more time to spend with the family.
I promise you are going to love the maple bacon combination! This recipe is so easy and ready in 30 minutes. It is the perfect breakfast for the holidays and will become a new family favorite.
To find a retailer near you that carries Jones Dairy Farm Products, use the company’s online, product locator. If you’ve never tried these high quality products, be sure to watch their Facebook Page for FREE coupon giveaways!
- 2 packages Buttermilk Biscuits (Depending on your size skillet, you may have some leftover)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Top it off:
- 5 slices Jones Dairy Farm Cherrywood Sliced Bacon
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon maple flavored extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If you don't have a pre-seasoned skillet, rub about 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil on the bottom of the skillet and set aside.
- (I used an 8-inch skillet. If you use a bigger one, you will need to adjust the ingredient amounts.)
- Remove the biscuits from the packages. Using a rolling pin, roll each of the biscuits very flat and thin.
- Dip each biscuit in the melted butter, shake off the excess and then dip the biscuit in the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to cover both sides. Shake off the excess.
- Roll up each biscuit and place the rolled up biscuit on the outside of a skillet in a circle fashion spiraling towards the inside of the skillet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. If the outside is cooking faster than the inside, tent the outer edges with foil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bacon. Once cooked, place on a paper towel lined plate and dab off excess grease. Crumble into small pieces.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together the cream cheese, and butter until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar and extracts and mix until smooth.
- Remove the cake and let cool for about 5-7 minutes before frosting.
- Pipe the frosting over the cake and cut into slices to serve.
This post was sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. I love working with brands that I am passionate about and use in the kitchen for myself. All opinions expressed are my own.
More Delicious Breakfast ideas made with Jones Dairy Farm Products: