Ginger, Lime, garlic and peanut butter create a luscious Thai sauce for these whole wheat noodles! A delicious and flavorful meal that is under 400 calories!
There is one thing that I can’t live without while I am watching what I eat. Carbs. Oh man. I love my carbs. That is why my number one pregnancy craving was this Spaghetti Factory’s Browned Butter Mizithra Spaghetti. I just love a good plate of pasta and some warm bread.
I also love anything thai or chinese. These Peanut Ginger Noodles were amazing! The flavor of the ginger, lime, garlic, and peanut butter combined to make an amazing flavor combination for these noodles. I especially loved the fresh veggies hidden inside. Everything about this recipe turned out amazing. If you are looking for a meatless, flavorful, healthy and easy meal, then this one is just for you!
- 2½ teaspoons grated lime peel
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2½ teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce whole wheat linguine, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
- Place lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor and process until blended.
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Add in broccoli the last 5 minutes to cook. Drain
- Put the linguine and broccoli in a large bowl. Add carrots and red pepper. Add the peanut butter sauce and toss to combine.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
365 calories per serving