The most perfect and moist spiced carrot cake cupcakes with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting! These became one of my favorite cupcakes with the first bite!
I am majorly obsessed with carrot cake. It is easily one of my favorites. If you can hide a vegetable in a cake and it is still delicious, it is a winner in my book. Plus I love to see the kids devour them and say they are the best cupcake they have ever had. Little do they know that their are carrots in them. Gotta get their veggies in somehow. 😉
Since it is feeling a little more like spring outside and Easter is right around the corner, I wanted to make a fun and delicious treat. I prefer making cupcakes over a cake because it is just so nice having them in individual servings. Plus they look so cute don’t they?
Let me just let you in on a little secret. These will be the most delicious and moist carrot cake cupcakes that you will ever make! Everything about these cupcakes were amazing and the spices inside were perfect.
BUT just when you think the cupcake couldn’t turn out any better…. the White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting takes these cupcakes to a whole different level. I love cream cheese frosting as it is but when you add white chocolate to it?? Oh.my.gosh.
You guys are going to be just as obsessed over these cupcakes as our family was! You will love everything about them especially the pile of white chocolate cream cheese frosting on top!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans, or walnuts
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Chopped pecans for garnish
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove them to wire pans.
- To make the white chocolate cream cheese frosting: In a small microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a Large Bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, and vanilla. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until fluffy and smooth. Mix in the heavy cream. Frost cooled cupcakes and garnish with chopped pecans.