Grilled Chicken, Bacon, and Pear Salad with Poppyseed dressing is made with crisp romaine lettuce, tender and juicy grilled chicken and pears. Topped with Walnuts, feta cheese, and a creamy poppyseed dressing this salad is phenomenal!
Hey hey, Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb back with an AWESOME salad recipe for you today. I truly believe I could eat this salad every single day for the rest of the year and not get sick of it, it’s that good. So good that I start to crave it again before I’ve even finished eating it.
That combination of candied walnuts, bacon, and juicy slightly-tart pears is a winner no doubt, and the creamy poppyseed dressing takes it to a whole new level of YUM. The great thing is that it pleases the whole entire family. The kids love the sweetness of the pears and candied walnuts (they might not even notice they’re eating nuts!), Dad loves the bacon and chicken (honestly who wouldn’t…) and Mom loves the fact fact that she can get everybody on board for having salad for dinner. Plus bonus points for easy, quick prep and cleanup!
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked til crispy (or to desired doneness) and chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 2 pears, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ¾ cups reduced fat mayo
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/ tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard.
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly browned on the outside.
- While chicken is grilling prepare the candied walnuts. Preheat a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir walnuts for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar and continue to stir until sugar is dissolved and walnuts are coated. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool. Crush slightly and set aside.
- Arrange salads with lettuce on the bottom, then top with chicken, pears, onions, bacon, and cheese. Serve with poppyseed dressing.