I am so thankful for AC right now because North Carolina has been 105 the last few days. And the humidity has been killer! We had a couple of our friends over and everyone was feeling like a treat. So I asked one of the guys what his favorite treat was and he said Bongo Bars! I had never heard of them but he said they are a favorite in his family and I had to make them. It is like a chocolate chip cookie brownie.They are so simple and easy to make. I loved how they were ready to be put in the oven in 10 minutes. Right out of the oven they are chewy, gooey, and absolutely amazing! Of course they are definitely better served with a scoop of icecream. 🙂
A delicious chocolate chip blondie that is simple to make!
- ¾ Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2¾ Cups Flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Bag of chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder. The mix will be crumbly at this point. Be careful not to overmix these!
- Add eggs and vanilla. Lastly the chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016