We had an italian night over at our house last night. And one bite of this and it was an instant favorite! I love chicken parmesan but hate all of the hassle of making it. This chicken parmesan recipe was so EASY to throw together and it tasted amazing!
The breading on it was so delicious and the chicken just shredded apart because it was cooked perfectly. I swear that everything is always better in a crockpot. I also served garlic parmesan pull-apart bread as a side. This meal was a winner!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Am easy and delicious meal way to make chicken parmesan that is cooked to perfection in your slow cooker! Rating: 5 stars
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t kosher salt
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite jarred marinara sauce
- Spread the 1 TBSP of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot.
- Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
- Close lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Recipe Adapted from Chef In Training
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016