Don’t forget to enter HERE to win the iPad Mini!
The only thing that I look forward to in the winter time is being snuggled up with my family sipping on some hot chocolate. I really hate the cold! So we are always making some hot chocolate around our house. This is one of our favorite hot chocolate recipes that I make. There is something about cookies and cream that I am obsessed with. The tiny cookies that are ground up in this make this hot chocolate amazing! And then served up with some fresh whip cream and crushed oreos on top…. I think I am going to make some right now!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
2 cups milk (I have also used 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream)
1/2 cup hot chocolate powder
crushed oreos for topping
1. Warm up milk and on the stove over medium low heat. Be careful not to let it boil.
2. Add the hot chocolate powder. I have used both regular hot chocolate and candy cane hot chocolate powder. The candy cane hot chocolate powder tastes like mint cookies and cream. Both are delicious!
2. Grind the oreos up very finely in a food processor or blender.
3. Add the oreos to the warm milk.
4. Serve with whip cream topping and oreos crushed on the top.
This recipe was featured in Delightful December over at Naptime Creations.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017