Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken

If you have five minutes to throw something into the crockpot and have a delicious meal ready for your family, then make this recipe!  I love the flavor of pesto!  I fell in love with it when I made homemade pesto and this chicken recipe here.  Me and my little boy couldn’t get enough of this chicken and it peeled apart and was packed with delicious pesto ranch flavor.  The flavor combination was amazing!  You know you love a recipe when you already want to make it again.  And it really helps that it was so easy!

Rating: 5 stars  Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken

• 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 ounce jar pesto (I used basil pesto)
  • 1 package ranch dressing seasoning mix
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
1.  Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place chicken breasts in the bottom.
2.  Sprinkle ranch packet over the chicken breasts, pour pesto over the top, and lastly pour the chicken broth over the top.
3.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Easy huh? :)
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate

Stay up to date with The Recipe Critic!
Alyssa

Comments

1. says

Can I use buttermilk ranch dressing mix? That’s all I have at the moment without having to make an extra trip to the store.
    ~ Autumn

2. says

What a great recipe! One of my husbands favorite things (besides peanut butter) is ranch, and I’m a pesto lover. And you definitely can’t get any easier than this!

3. says

I made this last night for dinner. I added a quick alfredo sauce that I made with 1/4 c butter, 8 oz. light cream cheese and about 1 cup milk. . I served it over shell pasta. We loved it. I will be making this a lot this summer, once our basil is on so I can do homemade Pesto.

Thanks for the great recipe!!!

4. says

I made this last night, and it is AMAZING. I doubled the recipe for 6 people so it would last more than 1 meal and I am so happy I did. I also made some penne pasta to go with it. Next time I will cook some carrots and spinach in the crockpot too :)

• Alyssa says

It should be be fine if cooking in the slow cooker. I have used frozen chicken breasts before but never thighs….

5. Joanne Davies says

Awesome!!! I threw in some green beans and my husband raved about how good this was!!! Thank you!!

6. Ali says

this looks really good! What could I add to it to make it even better.. like noodles, rice, veggies, etc.. what would you recommend?

• Alyssa says

I served it with a wild rice blend and carrots and summer salad. But really any veggie combo would be awesome! Let me know how you guys like it! :)

7. Jill says

Think I can use a packet of pesto sauce? Where you mix water and oil with it? I dont think it makes 6 oz but maybe add some extra water to the crock?

8. Jamie says

do you happen to have the nutritional information for this recipe? it’s currently simmering away in my crock pot, but i use myfitnesspal and would like to log it! thanks! :)

9. Trish says

Can I cook it on high in the crock pot? And for how long? Thank you – my daughter and daughter in law rave about this recipe!

• Alyssa says

Yes you can cook it on high although I always prefer low because it doesn’t dry it out as much. But I would cook it on high for 3-4 hours. This is one of our favorites!

10. Kate says

Did you end up with a lot of liquid? The chicken is nice & tender but the pesto just seemed to float off the breasts into the cooking liquid (1/2 cup stock). Any ideas on how to use the flavorful broth back onto the chicken?

• Tara says

I ended up with a lot of liquid also so I am considering pulling the liquid off the chicken and thickening it on the stove with cornstarch

11. Tara says

I ended up with a Lot of liquid too so I am considering pulling the liquid off the chicken and thickening it on the stove with cornstarch

Trackbacks