Grilled cheese is always a hit at our house! Especially loved by the picky 5 year old. I had some leftover Pillsbury biscuit dough, so I thought of this idea to stuff them with cheese and create a pull apart grilled cheese. The first time I made them, they failed. The tops were cooked but the bottoms weren’t. I was determined to get it right. I changed the pan so that that they would cook evenly the second time around. The result? AMAZING!!
I heated up some tomato soup and we used it as a dip for the pull aparts. Seriously amazing! The layers were flakey and the cheese was hot and gooey on the inside. They turned out just how I had imagined them to be. My boys of course went crazy over them. And kept asking for more to dip in their tomato soup. This will be a recipe made regularly at our house!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Jrs Golden Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
- 16 ounce easy melt (velveeta) cheese (I am sure that cheddar cheese will work just fine too)
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the butter and put half of it in the bottom of a bunt pan.
- Cut cheese in one inch cubes. Place a cube of cheese in the center of a biscuit. Place a second biscuit on the top of the biscuit and cubed cheese and seal the edges. Place in the bottom of the bunt pan. Complete this with each biscuit until it forms a ring in the bunt pan.
- Pour the remaining butter on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Mine took about 20 minutes. I put foil over the top at about 15 minutes because the tops were browning too fast and the last thing you want is doughy pull aparts. 🙂
- Serve with a side of tomato soup to dip the pull aparts in if desired and enjoy!
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017