- ¾ pound fresh cranberries
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, water, and cloves to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook until the cranberry skins burst and the mixture becomes thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime zest, orange zest, lime juice, and orange juice, and season with salt to taste.
- Let cranberry sauce cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with extra orange zest for presentation.
Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe.