I love fast and easy meals. I mean who doesn’t? With all of the craziness that we have had around here and getting ready to move, these were perfect. I was able to make these and have them ready within 30 minutes. I love that these are made with simple ingredients but the flavor was awesome! The feta cheese gave them such great added flavor like no other sloppy joe that I have tried! The family loved them and they were a huge hit. I had most of the ingredients on hand. I made them with Kaiser rolls, but I think next time we will eat them in pita pockets!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted or pita pockets
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until onion is tender and beef is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens up.
- Place romaine lettuce on each roll and top with sloppy joe mixture and feta cheese.
Recipe Source Taste of Home Cookbook
Looking for more delicious sloppy joe recipes?
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #76 - November 26, 2016