This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A delicious greek spin on sloppy joes that are full of flavor and a meal that everyone will love!
I love fast and easy meals. I mean who doesn’t? With all of the craziness that we have had around here and getting ready to move, these were perfect. I was able to make these and have them ready within 30 minutes. I love that these are made with simple ingredients but the flavor was awesome! The feta cheese gave them such great added flavor like no other sloppy joe that I have tried! The family loved them and they were a huge hit. I had most of the ingredients on hand. I made them with Kaiser rolls, but I think next time we will eat them in pita pockets!
Recipe Source Taste of Home Cookbook
Looking for more delicious sloppy joe recipes?
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Greek Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups romaine chopped
- 6 kaiser rolls split and toasted or pita pockets
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until onion is tender and beef is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens up.
- Place romaine lettuce on each roll and top with sloppy joe mixture and feta cheese.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.