I love fast and easy meals. I mean who doesn’t? With all of the craziness that we have had around here and getting ready to move, these were perfect. I was able to make these and have them ready within 30 minutes. I love that these are made with simple ingredients but the flavor was awesome! The feta cheese gave them such great added flavor like no other sloppy joe that I have tried! The family loved them and they were a huge hit. I had most of the ingredients on hand. I made them with Kaiser rolls, but I think next time we will eat them in pita pockets!
Recipe Source Taste of Home Cookbook
Looking for more delicious sloppy joe recipes?
Greek Sloppy Joes
A delicious greek spin on sloppy joes that are full of flavor and a meal that everyone will love!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz.
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups romaine chopped
- 6 kaiser rolls split and toasted or pita pockets
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until onion is tender and beef is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Add the tomato sauce, and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens up.
- Place romaine lettuce on each roll and top with sloppy joe mixture and feta cheese.