My mother in law just flew in to see the baby when she is born. She will be here TOMORROW! Kind of freaking out a little bit. I am so exited to meet her! My boys have loved having their grandma here. They said that she gives the best back rubs. It has been so nice to have her around to help me get things ready. I especially loved having an extra hand in the kitchen making this salad and helping me clean up!
We were making a yummy lunch and I have always wanted to make a Caprese Pasta Salad. Caprese is a perfect combination of flavors, textures, and freshness. Ripe tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. It all went together perfectly in this pasta salad! It was so simple to throw together and I am telling you, it is AWESOME! You will definitely want to make this. It is a perfect side to any summer BBQ and you are going to love it.
- 8 oz pasta (I used cellentani)
- 1 cup (8 oz) small fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 cups (10.5 oz) grape tomatoes
- Basil Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about ¼ tsp salt and pepper)
- Cook and drain your pasta according to package directions. Drain with cold water and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine basil, garlic, parmesan, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is coarsely chopped and blended together.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine pasta, basil pesto, grape tomatoes, and mozzarella balls. Toss together until it is coated in the basil pesto.